Black Trim

Zara Black and White Coat

J.Crew-Blythe-Blouse-Boutique-9-Ombre-Justine-Heels

Danier-Leather-Black-and-White-Skirt

Danier-Leather-Black-and-White-Skirt-Chanel-Jumbo

Skirt: Danier. Blouse: J.Crew. Coat: Zara. Shoes: Boutique 9 - on sale!. Handbag: Chanel. Sunglasses: ZeroUV.

Yesterday was the Toronto Blue Jays home opener game.  For you non-sports fans, the Blue Jays are Toronto’s Major League Baseball team.  Even though I’m not really a baseball fan, Justin is a huge Jays fanatic, so we end up watching a lot of baseball in our house.  Well . . .  Justin watches a lot of baseball while I usually take that time to read fashion magazines.

Justin was heading to the home opener last night, and decided to create a baseball themed dinner for us and his friend.  On the menu were “franks and beans” along with a yummy macaroni salad, but where the fun part comes in is that we also decided to have a blind hot dog taste challenge.  The two opponents were the Schneider’s Juicy Jumbos versus the Chicago 58 Lanky Frankys.  We tested them both plain and fully dressed with condiments in a bun.  To make it fair, we also filled out our own secret ballots so not to influence one another.  I know you’re all on the edge of your seats waiting to find out which wiener won. . .well, it was a clean sweep. .  .the Juicy Jumbos swept both categories, and were hands down our favourites.  We’ve now decided to make the hot dog challenge an annual tradition, and next year the Juicy Jumbo’s will go head to head with another challenger.  (I know. . . my life is pretty exciting. *Sigh*)

Now that I’ve bored you all with my hot dog story, we can chat a little bit about fashion.  I had my eye on this Danier leather skirt for a while, and finally picked it up when it went on sale.  I just love the black and white contrast, the faux-wrap, and the buttery soft leather.

In other exciting news, I am so honored to be featured on Style Elixir as Lauren’s Head Stylist for her Style Sessions fashion link up this week.  Please check it out, and also feel free to join the link up yourself!

1. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:03 am by krystin | Permalink

OMG JENNY! I love love love this skirt!!!!
    xo Krystin

2. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:15 am by Red Tag Chic L.A. | Permalink

Seriously ….You always leave me speechless with your style Jenny! The skirt is one I wouldnt mind grabbing from your closet again!!

Rebecca

3. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:15 am by Alice | Permalink

What a great deal for a leather skirt! Everything about this outfit is just perfection!

Your hot dog challenge sounds like a lot of fun. I am not a sports fan of any sport and having fun theme parties like that usually make it a whole lot of more enjoyable :)

Alice

4. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:20 am by Emily | Permalink

Love those shoes!

5. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:22 am by Shira | Permalink

Loooove that skirt and of course the ombre shoes!

sequinsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

6. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:26 am by Nicole | Permalink

Gorgeous look! Everything about it is very crisp! I love those ombre shoes so much.
    Nicole

7. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:45 am by RoselyC | Permalink

Hot dogs are so yummy. I thought your skirt and coat were from the same brand, they look so great together.

8. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:51 am by Kodi | Permalink

That skirt looks like it was totally worth the wait! Classic with a twist, you’ll wear it forever.
    Kodi
    grey et al

9. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:58 am by Kendall | Permalink

Looking fab jenny, love that skirt and never would have thought to check out Danier for a piece like that. Also loving the blue blouse as a subtle nod to our Jays :)
    xo K

10. Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:01 am by sheree@itsnotthatdee | Permalink

obsessed with this skirt!!!
    Sheree xx

11. Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:08 am by Rachel | Permalink

I love the colors and style of this skirt- it’s so unique and stylish! You look beautiful as always!

12. Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:11 am by Kayla | Permalink

Lovin those ombre heels! SO cute!! : )

Kayla

13. Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:16 am by Fiftyfabulous | Permalink

Hi J you never cease to impress, love the outfit, very classy and sophisticated!

14. Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:35 am by Becky Loose From The | Permalink

oooo the consistent blue pop of color is so gorgeous against this clean cut black and white. thumbs up!

<3becky

15. Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:54 am by Miranda | Permalink

Haha, the hot dog competition sounds so fun! I love it. And the outfit is perfect! It’s like all those pieces were meant to be together!

16. Posted April 3, 2013 at 12:00 pm by Lindsey | Permalink

I LOVE your skirt! The cut,the colors, the leather are all perfection!

Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

17. Posted April 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm by Kathleen | Permalink

Very pretty skirt – I love its shape! You look wonderful in blue and I always love those ombre heels!
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

18. Posted April 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm by alison*elle | Permalink

HAHA, the hot dog challenge is hilarious. Definitely a new tradition ;) Love this look, Jenny!

xo, alison*elle

19. Posted April 3, 2013 at 1:00 pm by Andrea | Permalink

love the pumps. nice line on the skirt!

xo Andrea

20. Posted April 3, 2013 at 1:56 pm by Rachel | Permalink

This is gorgeous! I love the asymmetrical style of the skirt!

21. Posted April 3, 2013 at 2:57 pm by Sarah | Permalink

I never watch baseball, but I do like going to minor league games. They’re so relaxed, and if the weather’s nice, it’s a good excuse to drink outside :)
    Anyway, love the asymmetrical hemline of this skirt!

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life

22. Posted April 3, 2013 at 3:39 pm by Whitley Hamlin | Permalink

LOVE this skirt Jenny!
    Whitley

23. Posted April 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm by Iva | Permalink

Love the hot dog challenge and you look lovely with the pop of blue ;)

24. Posted April 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm by Fashion Koketi | Permalink

Every time I see this blue shoes I love it even more!

Fashion Koketi

25. Posted April 3, 2013 at 5:21 pm by style-isle | Permalink

You look fab jen!

Tash

26. Posted April 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm by Marie-Eve @aprettyne | Permalink

Sooooo chic ! Love it !

27. Posted April 3, 2013 at 7:03 pm by Paula | Permalink

Great look my dear. Great skirt

xoxo
    Paula
    Blush-paula.blogspot.com

28. Posted April 3, 2013 at 8:06 pm by Emma Finlayson | Permalink

Love the skirt! It looks like it matches the coat!
    Super cute!

29. Posted April 3, 2013 at 9:01 pm by Kaitlin | Permalink

You look amaaaaazing!! The coat and skirt together look like a really expensive suit, but the skirt also really looks great on its own. I also love your J.Crew blouse. I just ordered one in bright pink, and I can’t wait for it to get here. Congrats on being the Style Elixir stylist!

Kaitlin

30. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:00 pm by kiwifashionblog | Permalink

Jenny you look preppy chic and beautiful in blue!!

31. Posted April 3, 2013 at 10:32 pm by Carylee | Permalink

That skirt is amazing! You wear it well! And of course I love your pairing with blue!

32. Posted April 4, 2013 at 1:09 am by Kacie | Permalink

Gorgeous! I’m never going to get bored of those heels, they are just too gorgeous!

33. Posted April 4, 2013 at 5:12 am by Keit | Permalink

Haha, you didn’t bore me with the story :D
    Wow, amazing sunnies!

34. Posted April 4, 2013 at 5:34 am by Nicolene Richards | Permalink

This outfit is quite spectaculor, you certainly wear it very well, and styled it so nicely. Congrats on your appearance on Style Elixir! Well done, I can see why!
    FF

35. Posted April 4, 2013 at 7:19 am by The Fashionable ESQ | Permalink
  36. Posted April 4, 2013 at 8:06 am by Tara | Permalink

I can’t decide which I love more…the coat or those fabulous shoes!

37. Posted April 4, 2013 at 12:27 pm by Amy | Permalink

You have the best skirt collection of any girl out there, hands down!! I absolutely love this one! What a fun contest & a great tradition to keep going for sure:)
    xoAmy

38. Posted April 4, 2013 at 4:39 pm by Brenna | Permalink

This is a great look! I’m crushing on those ombre shoes… you always have the best taste in accessories.

XoXo Brenna

39. Posted April 4, 2013 at 6:22 pm by Anna | Permalink

Really love the skirt, the cut is just so unique!

BLOGLOVIN’

40. Posted April 5, 2013 at 2:59 am by beckspick | Permalink

oh my, totally love the black trimmings on the skirt!

41. Posted April 5, 2013 at 2:34 pm by Star White | Permalink

Amazing skirt! What a great look!

Blessings!
    Star

42. Posted April 5, 2013 at 2:40 pm by Jessica | Permalink

my dear, you are looking way to chic to be eating hot dogs in that outfit! haha Love love love the whole look!
    xx
    Here&Now

43. Posted April 6, 2013 at 2:02 am by Leanne | Permalink

The coat and skirt set are incredible. Great outfit!

Love from South Africa

44. Posted April 6, 2013 at 8:15 am by Donna | Permalink

Lovin the outfit, skirt looks amazing on you!

45. Posted April 6, 2013 at 11:51 am by ash | Permalink

I love those shoes. Your skirt could be quite serious but those shoes and the top make the whole outfit fun. I will also say this is quite “fashion-y” I could picture this outfit in Vogue.

46. Posted April 6, 2013 at 1:17 pm by Alicia | Permalink

Love the jacket and skirt combo! It’s like they were made for each other :)

47. Posted April 8, 2013 at 12:40 pm by Martha | Permalink

Jenny,
    this skirt is fabulous!! I love the asymmetrical cut and the leather touch…you paired it beautifully with the blue shirt.
    Always looking chic and stylish ;)
    XOXO

48. Posted April 8, 2013 at 5:45 pm by Trendy Mondays | Permalink

Love the whole outfit, but your shoes are so much fun! Love love them!

Trendy Mondays – your online fashion destination for independent European designer brands

49. Posted April 8, 2013 at 9:27 pm by Amber | Permalink

Jenny,

This outfit is super cute. I love the pumps. Two tone blends are so adorable, and those blue shades ready pop. Love em! I really like the skirt, too. Such a put together look, and you look great.

Come by and see me: classyeverafter.com!

<3,
    Amber

50. Posted April 9, 2013 at 6:41 am by Annie | Permalink

That skirt is SO gorgeous! Absolutely love it with the bright blue :)

Annie