Category Archives: Crazy Loves
TGIF! It’s the end of the week, which means the second edition of Friday Loves. Here are 5 things that I’m loving right now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
1. Hartland Brooklyn Temporary Tattoos. I came across these adorable Hartland Brooklyn temporary tattoos while shopping at a local boutique. Playful and sweet, I couldn’t resist buying the ice cream and donut set, and also the summer fruit pack. Way too cute, and a fun accessory for a day at the beach.
2. Munch Better Snack Delivery. I first discovered Munch Better on Instagram, and was immediately in love with the concept. It’s a snack subscription service, delivering 5 to 8 hand-picked healthy snacks to your door each month. Justin and I struggle to find convenient snacks that are preservative and chemical free, and this is a great way for us to be introduced to high quality, healthy new products.
I’ve seen a few similar services on the market, but what really stands Munch Better apart from the others for me is that each snack is hand picked (and taste tested) by co-founders Amanda and Erin, both professionals in the health food world. I love this concept so much that I’ve partnered with them to give away next month’s box to one lucky lady on Instagram. The contest is running today on my Instagram (starting around 10am until 9pm), and is open to all Canadians.
3. ASOS Floral Trench Coat. I ordered this gorgeous ASOS floral trench coat a few weeks back, and love the print so much that I’ve actually had it on display in my condo. I am in no way hoping for Fall to arrive (since I want Summer to last forever), but I’ll continue to admire this beauty on my wall until the cold weather hits and I can finally wear it. Finding this trench lead me to discover ASOS Salon, a beautiful collection by ASOS full of ultra feminine prints, silhouettes and fabrics. I just love every single piece.
4. Clarisonic. I am a huge fan of the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System. I wrote a blog post last year when I first discovered the system, and have been a loyal user ever since. This past Christmas I was visiting my parents for the weekend, and my Mom wanted to try my Clarisonic. I had a new brush head with me, so I let her try it out, and she was instantly hooked. I ended up giving my Clarisonic to my Mother (I know, I’m such a great daughter), but I only just recently picked up another one for myself. After going several months without it, I feel like I’m rediscovering it for the first time, and can’t believe I went so long without using this little miracle worker.
5. BaubleBar x Nordstrom Jewelry. When a package marked with a BaubleBar label arrives at my door, I drop whatever I’m doing to rip open the box. I oohed and aahed with girly excitement as I pulled each of these beauties out from the pillows of tissue paper. I was lucky to be gifted these 5 sparkly pieces from the BaubleBar x Nordstrom collection, and I’ve been wearing them non-stop ever since. I’ll be heading to a Nordstrom this weekend, and can’t wait to check out the rest of the collection.
Great news for all of us Canadian shoe lovers; DSW has finally come to Canada! I’m a frequent DSW shopper every time I visit the States, and I was so excited to hear that they are opening two Canadian locations tomorrow; one at Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga and one at Woodland Hills in Newmarket. As a special treat for excited shoppers, the first 200 people in line when the stores open tomorrow (August 7) at 8 am will each receive a $25 gift card!
I got a sneak peek at the Mississauga location last night, and let me tell you, I was so impressed by the huge selection of shoes. They had so many great basic pumps in every colour imaginable, and a wonderful selection of all different heel heights. I was trying to behave last night, and limit myself to buying only one pair of shoes, but it was so hard! I must have tried on 10 different pairs, all of which I wanted. Here are my favourites from the store, and I ended up purchasing the French Connection kitten heels below. I was eyeing the gorgeous Ivanka Trump floral pair above, but sadly, they were half a size too big.
To celebrate the opening of DSW in Canada, I’ve partnered with them to giveaway a $100 gift card. The contest is open to all Canadians, and closes on Monday, August 11, 2014. You can enter below using the Rafflecopter widget. Good luck!
(by Ivanka Trump)
(by Enzo Angiolini)
(by French Connection)
This post was in partnership with DSW Canada, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Happy Friday Everyone! Today, I’m starting a new series called Friday Loves. I’ve realized that there are so many things that I come across on a daily basis that I want to share here, but I don’t because it may not make sense to write a full post about, for example, my love for my donut pool float (since I’m not 12 years old). So, I decided that at the end of each week, I’ll share some of my favorite things, ranging from fashion, people, places, DIY’s, products, beauty, art, photography, news articles, recipes, things on the web, restaurants, and so much more.
Here are 5 things that I’m loving this week:
1. Calligraphy. I signed up for a calligraphy class, hosted this week by two wonderful ladies, Amanda from Pink the Town, and Ashley from Quaintrelle. I’ve wanted to try my hand at calligraphy for quite some time now, but always felt a little overwhelmed and didn’t really know where to begin. When I saw that these ladies were offering a class to teach the basics, I knew this was the time to finally take a stab at it. Here is my first attempt. I definitely need some practice, but I already know that this is something I want to continue with.
2. Colette Grand Café. A couple of months ago, I heard about a new French Restaurant, Café and Bakery opening in Toronto by the owners of one of my favourite restaurants in town, The Chase Fish & Oyster. I was immediately intrigued and started to follow Colette Grand Café on Instagram to stay in the loop about their opening. As the weeks went on, I became more and more obsessed with this place. The glimpses into the décor details, the marketing and photography for their artwork, and the pictures of some of their baked goods were just screaming my name. They have been sampling their treats around town, and when I finally tasted one of their amazing salted chocolate cookies, I was completely hooked.
Yesterday was their opening day, and I was able to get a little sneak peek of the restaurant (and a sampling of their delicious food) the day before. The restaurant is just absolutely stunning! Really, it’s something you need to experience. The cuisine, décor and atmosphere will have you feeling like you’ve stepped out of Toronto, and into a Café in Paris. If you are in the Toronto area, I highly recommend stopping into Colette, even just to check out the gorgeous space. They will also be starting to serve weekend brunch after Labour Day. I can’t wait!
Below is a photo I took of one of the pavilion areas of the restaurant. The space is divided into different sections including the bakery, the bar, 2 different pavilions, the main dining area, library seating, and 2 outdoor dining spaces. Each has a slightly different look and feel, but all remain consistently beautiful and on point.
3. Donut Pool Float. I’m sure you’ve seen this fabulous Urban Outfitter’s donut pool float all over Instagram, including on mine. It was one of those things that I knew I had to buy, even though I don’t own a pool. I took this baby with us to Roatan, Honduras a couple of weeks ago on our vacation, and used it every day. This will certainly be accompanying me on future beach vacations.
4. NADÈGE Macarons. It’s no secret that I have a weakness for macarons, and NADÈGE makes some of my favourite in the City. NADÈGE has collaborated with 6 Canadian Artists to create an Artists Packaging Series; a limited edition collection of boxes containing 16 of their delicious macarons. I received a lovely delivery yesterday of the mouth-watering treats packaged in this gorgeous box designed by Illustrator and Fashion Designer, Virginia Johnson. Her design of painted Orange Blossoms was inspired by a property she rented in France one summer called L’Orangeraie. Since I couldn’t get my hands on any Orange Blossoms this time of year, I thought it would be fun to take a photo of this beautiful box with these pretty flower alternatives.
5. Farmer’s Market Fresh Berries. My refrigerator right now looks like a Farmer’s Market. I have pretty much every berry available in there. Tis the season for the sweetest and most delicious berries of the year. Yum!