I have a love/hate relationship with gift giving. There is nothing that makes me happier than putting a smile on someone’s face with a gift, but wow, do I ever struggle with finding that perfect present for my loved ones. The easiest way for me to make this process a little less stressful is to buy gifts of things that I already own and absolutely love. I try to give gifts that I would also want to receive.
Here are 5 gifts that I’ll be purchasing this year for the wonderful women in my life, and that I hope they’ll love as much as I do.
1. Coffee Table Books. If you’re a special lady who I’ve given multiple presents to, I can guarantee that at least one of them was a coffee table book. From books on fashion, to food, to travel, my motto is, “the more coffee table books, the better”. My current favorites that I’m sure I’ll be giving this year are Kate Spade: Places to Go, People to See, Tory Burch: In Color, and The Forest Feast.
2. Margaret Elizabeth Jewelry. I only discovered Margaret Elizabeth a couple of months ago, but I’m absolutely obsessed with every piece of jewelry on her site. I wore this stunning moonstone cuff (in the photo above) for the first time this week, and I can’t tell you how many compliments I received. I’ll definitely be buying my Mom a piece of her jewelry for Christmas (shhh, don’t tell her!), and another for my bestest gal pal. Some of my faves include this 6-stone bangle, this black agate pendant, and these tear drop earrings.
3. Happy Plugs Headphones. Cute, colorful, and actually work really well, I think I’m purchasing these Happy Plugs headphones for everyone (women and men) on my list. And, since I love to collect things, if anyone’s looking to spend a heap of money on me this year, the Happy Box would be the ultimate colorful present.
4. Sonix Phone Cases. Another gift that falls into the “fun yet functional” category is a Sonix Phone Case. I’m anal about having a beautiful phone case that looks pretty, yet really protects my phone, and I find Sonix cases do both. I already own 3, and I have a few more on my wish list: cherry blossom, forest flowers, and botanical rose. Obviously, I’m loving florals right now, and a few of my girlfriends will definitely be getting these beauties for their phones.
5. Shoelery Shoe Clips. What women wouldn’t want to receive these gorgeous Shoelery shoe clips?! I know I sure would. I own a few pairs, and love the drama they add to otherwise simple shoes. Another gift I’ll definitely be buying for some lucky friends.