You may have already heard me say this a few times, but I’ve been completely beauty obsessed lately. I can’t stop buying the latest and greatest makeup and skincare! The holiday season is truly a beauty lover’s dream come true. So many brands create stunning, collectable limited edition holiday products and kits, and many of them are value driven too (who doesn’t love a good deal?!).
I’m obsessed with so many of the holiday collections that have come out this season, but 4 really stood out as my favourites. I just had to share all of this holiday beauty goodness with you! Not only did I purchase most of this for myself, I also purchased several of these items for Christmas gifts. All my girlfriends are getting beauty gifts this year! You get a lipstick, and you get a lipstick, and you get a lipstick…
1. MAC Snowball Holiday Collection 2017
MAC definitely wins the award this season for the most festive, sparkly, girly holiday packaging. I wanted the entire collection! I showed some restraint, and only purchased the cult-fave Whisper of Gilt highlighter, and the mini brush set. The collection is huge, but here are some of my fave kits:
- MAC Snow Ball Face Bag (shown below): This kit includes cult favourite “Whisper of Gilt” Extra Dimension Skinfinish (ie. a stunning pale gold highlighter), a beautiful rose-gold handled fan brush, and a sparkly makeup bag. One of my co-workers bought this on launch day, and I immediately ran to the store to buy it too.
- MAC Snow Ball Mini Brush Kit: I also purchased this 3-piece mini rose-gold brush kit, as it’s the perfect size for travelling!
- MAC Snow Ball Eye Compact: A gorgeous 6-shade eye shadow palette that comes in 2 colour combinations.
- MAC Snow Ball Nude Lip Bag: An adorable trio of a Lipstick, Lipglass and Lip Pencil, all packaged in a beautiful makeup bag.
- MAC Snow Ball Mini Lipstick Kit: Truly a collector’s favourite, this kit includes 12 mini lipsticks, in beautiful colour-matched packaging. I really wanted this kit, but held back because I’ve been buying so many lipsticks lately. We’ll see if I cave, and purchase it. 😉
2. NARS x Man Ray Holiday Collection
Definitely one of the most robust collections this season, NARS Cosmetics partnered with modern artist Man Ray to create a stunning limited edition holiday collection, full of palettes, glosses, and mini sets. This is one of my favourite NARS collaborations to date. The packaging is creative, beautiful and collectable. The kits include best selling colours, like Orgasm and Laguna, but also a ton of new limited edition colours that are just as gorgeous. Here is a selection from the collection:
- The Veil Cheek Palette: By far, my favourite piece from the collection. This cheek trio includes a bronzer (iconic Laguna), a blush and a highlighter. This is the perfect palette for travelling!
- Love Game Eyeshadow Palette: This stunning palette includes 12 new, eye-catching shades, inspired by Man Ray’s muse Ady Fidelin, the first African American model to be featured in a fashion magazine.
- The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set: I already purchased this beautiful set for a friend for Christmas. It includes 4 shades of the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, packaged in the most gorgeous glossy gold cosmetic bag.
- Love Triangles: These are the perfect stocking stuffers! Available in 5 colour combos, these triangles include a mini blush and mini lipstick. I purchased the “Orgasm Love Triangle” for a friend who loves Orgasm blush, and wanted a travel size.
- Photogloss Lip Lacquer: Four shades of a new limited edition formula, these are saturated with a high-shine finish. My favourite colour is Red Hazelnut.
3. Viktor & Rolf BonBon Limited Edition
I’m a fragrance collector (I have a pretty large collection), but I’m really particular about the ones I wear every day. I only wear a handful of scents consistently, and two of them happen to be created by Viktor & Rolf, BonBon and Flowerbomb. With a sequin bow, the Viktor & Rolf BonBon Limited Edition bottle for holiday 2017 couldn’t be any cuter. I just had to have it! It also makes for the sweetest gift!
4. YSL Dazzling Lights Holiday Collection
Year after year, Yves Saint Laurent consistently creates the most covetable holiday collections, and this year isn’t any different. Adorned with the prettiest pink fireworks, these are truly dazzling collectibles of some of their classic, best-selling products. I purchase the Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in 70 Le Nu each year in it’s limited edition packaging to add to my collection.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick Dazzling Lights Edition: Available in 6 classic shades, this stunning lipstick is dazzled with pink fireworks.
- YSL Palette De Maquillage Dazzling Lights Edition: A limited-edition palette with a rosy-pink highlighting powder, four smokey-eye inspired eyeshadows, and two satin lip colors. This is truly a stunning palette.
- YSL Mon Paris Dazzling Lights Edition: One of my all-time favourite fragrances, how beautiful is the bottle covered in pink crystals?! I haven’t yet purchased this, but it’s on my Christmas wish list.